well this is awkward...
Sorry, this promotion is over.
Be sure to keep an eye on
Lay's® to see what we do next.
THIS PROMOTION IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER UNLESS YOU ARE ELIGIBLE AND RESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES AT THE TIME OF PARTICIPATION.
GOTTA HAVE LAY’S PROMOTION (“PROMOTION”)
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE PROMOTION, PARTICIPANT AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE DECISIONS OF THE INDEPENDENT JUDGING AGENCY (“JUDGES”), WHICH SHALL BE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL RESPECTS.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is open only to legal residents of any of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of participation. Void where prohibited. The following persons are not eligible to participate: Employees, contractors, directors and officers of Frito-Lay, Inc. (“Sponsor”), its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, distributors, Web design, advertising, fulfillment, judging and promotion agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment and execution of this Promotion (collectively, “Promotion Parties”), and the immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and/or “step”) of each and those living in their same households (those persons whether related or not who live in the same residence for at least three months during the twelve-month period preceding the start date of the Promotion).
2. PROMOTION PERIOD: The Promotion begins at 12:00:00 p.m. (noon) Central Time (“CT”) on July 31, 2020 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. CT on October 2, 2020 (“Promotion Period”) and consists of nine (9) weekly entry periods. Each “Week” is defined below in the Entry Period Submission Window Table. The computer of the Sponsor's Web master is the official time-keeping device of the Promotion.
Entry Period Submission Window
Estimated Drawing Date
|1||07/31/2020, 12:00:00 p.m. CT||08/06/2020, 11:59:59 p.m. CT||08/17/2020|
|2||08/07/2020, 12:00:00 a.m. CT||08/13/2020, 11:59:59 p.m. CT||08/24/2020|
|3||08/14/2020, 12:00:00 a.m. CT||08/20/2020, 11:59:59 p.m. CT||08/31/2020|
|4||08/21/2020, 12:00:00 a.m. CT||08/27/2020, 11:59:59 p.m. CT||09/08/2020|
|5||08/28/2020, 12:00:00 a.m. CT||09/03/2020, 11:59:59 p.m. CT||09/14/2020|
|6||09/04/2020, 12:00:00 a.m. CT||09/10/2020, 11:59:59 p.m. CT||09/21/2020|
|7||09/11/2020, 12:00:00 a.m. CT||09/17/2020, 11:59:59 p.m. CT||09/28/2020|
|8||09/18/2020, 12:00:00 a.m. CT||09/24/2020, 11:59:59 p.m. CT||10/05/2020|
|9||09/25/2020, 12:00:00 a.m. CT||10/02/2020, 11:59:59 p.m. CT||10/12/2020|
3. HOW TO ENTER: 3. HOW TO ENTER: During the Promotion Period, purchase any bag of LAY’S® Potato Chips featuring the newly designed LAY’S logo as seen on GottaHaveLays.com. (Look for the updated logo containing the new wordmark with a cursive “Y”.) Next, take a photo of the bag with your restaurant entrée showing the new LAY’S logo (“Photo”) and visit GottaHaveLays.com (“Web Site”). Follow the online instructions to register and upload your Photo (the “Entry”) to receive one (1) entry into the corresponding Weekly Drawing (defined in Section 5). To enter without making a purchase and uploading a Photo, hand print your first and last name, your complete street address, phone number, email and date of birth on a 3” x 5” index card or piece of paper and place into an outer-mailing envelope with proper postage affixed and mail it to: Gotta Have Lay’s Promotion, PO Box 2334, Addison, TX 75001. Mail-in entries must be postmarked during the Entry Period Submission Window and received on or before the Estimated Drawing Date (see Section 2) to be eligible for a particular Weekly Drawing (defined in Section 5). No photocopied or mechanically reproduced entries accepted. Entries become property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Use of any robotic, automatic, programmed or similar methods of entries will void all entries and result in disqualification. Photos/Entries will not be judged. Sponsor cannot guarantee LAY’S® Potato Chips featuring the newly designed LAY’S logo will be available at all retail locations.
Limit one (1) Entry per person/email address per Week.
Data rates may apply if the participant submits an Entry with a mobile phone or other Web-enabled device using your wireless service provider’s network.Check with your wireless service provider for details on these and any other applicable charges. Participants are solely responsible for any such wireless charges.
All participants must have a valid email address. Multiple participants may not share the same email address. In the event of an identity dispute of a participant, the Entry will be considered made by the registered owner of the email address associated with the account used for submitting the Entry. “Registered owner” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization which is responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address.
Each submission must be manually key stroked and/or manually entered by the individual participant; automated and/or repetitive electronic submission of Entries (including but not limited to Entries made using any script, macro, bot or sweepstakes service) will be disqualified and transmissions from these or related email addresses/IP addresses may be blocked. Additionally, use of multiple email addresses, phone numbers and/or mailing addresses, and/or the manipulation of such information, for the purpose of obtaining more than the stated number of Entries and/or prizes, is prohibited and such persons will be disqualified, and all of their Entries will be deemed invalid and any prize won by such person shall be forfeited.
BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, PARTICIPANT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HIS/HER ENTRY MAY BE POSTED ACROSS ANY OR ALL OF SPONSOR’S DIGITAL AND SOCIAL ASSETS, AT SPONSOR’S DISCRETION. Submission of an Entry grants Sponsor and its agents the right to publish, use, adapt, edit, publicly perform and/or modify such Entry in any way, in any and all media, including for use in advertising and marketing, without limitation, and without consideration to the participant.
4. ENTRY GUIDELINES: By entering, you acknowledge that Sponsor has no obligation to use or post any Entry you submit. By submitting an Entry, you agree that your submission is gratuitous and made without restriction, and will not place Sponsor under any obligation, and that Sponsor is free to disclose the ideas contained in the Entry on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you. You acknowledge that, by acceptance of your submission, Sponsor does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Sponsor, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you. Sponsor reserves the right to, and may or may not, monitor/screen Entries. By submitting an Entry, you warrant and represent that it: (a) is your original work, (b) has not been previously published, (c) has not won previous awards, (d) does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity, (e) that you have obtained permission from a person whose name, likeness or image (if any) is used in the Entry, and (f) that publication of the Entry via various media including Web posting, will not infringe on the rights of any third-party rights. Each participant will indemnify and hold harmless, Sponsor and Promotion Parties from any claims to the contrary. Any participant whose work includes likenesses of third parties or contains elements not owned by the participant (such as, but not limited to, depictions of persons, buildings, trademarks or logos [other than Sponsor’s]) must be able to provide legal releases for such use including Sponsor’s use of such Entry, in a form satisfactory to administrator, upon request, prior to awarding of prize.
As determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, Entries must meet the following guidelines: (a) Must comply with these Official Rules and any Terms of Service on the applicable Web Site; (b) Cannot be sexually explicit or suggestive, unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, political, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, or contain nudity; (c) Cannot promote alcohol, marijuana, illegal drugs, tobacco, e-cigarettes, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message; (d) Cannot be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group; (e) Cannot promote terrorist acts such as providing instructions on how to assemble bombs, grenades and other such weapons or provide instructional information about illegal activities; (f) Cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging or slanderous remarks about Sponsor, its customers or its products, or other people, products or companies; (g) Cannot contain trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others (except Sponsor’s trademarks, logos or trade dress), or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind (except LAY’S®), without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, email addresses or street addresses; (h) Cannot contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art, stills, or images published on or in television, movies, the Internet or other media, except such materials owned by Sponsor) without permission; (i) Cannot contain background artwork, unless it is an original work of the participant; (j) Cannot contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, other than the participant, without permission; (k) Cannot communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate; and (l) Cannot depict, and cannot itself, be in violation of any law.
If you think that any Entry infringes your intellectual property rights, please follow the notification guidelines as stated herein. Frito-Lay North America, Inc. investigates notices of alleged infringement and takes appropriate actions under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c) ("DMCA"). Frito-Lay’s Designated Agent to receive notifications of claimed copyright infringement is: By Mail: Jeanette Zimmer, 7701 Legacy Drive, Mail Drop 3A-160F, Plano, Texas 75024. By Email: Jeanette.firstname.lastname@example.org. Your notice of claimed infringement must include the following information: (a) A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner; (b) Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed; (c) Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of the infringing activity, and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, as well as information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material; (d) Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the copyright owner, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address; (e) A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or applicable law; and (f) A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner. For more details on the information required for valid notification, see 17 U.S.C. 512(c)(3). Under the DMCA, claimants who make misrepresentations concerning copyright infringement may be liable for damages incurred as a result of the removal or blocking of the material, court costs, and attorneys' fees.
ENTRIES POSTED TO ANY OF SPONSOR’S WEB SITES OR SOCIAL MEDIA SITES (IF ANY) WERE NOT EDITED BY SPONSOR AND ARE THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE INDIVIDUAL PARTICIPANT AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF SPONSOR IN ANY MANNER. Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by Sponsor does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to participants. Sponsor reserves the right to waive the Sweepstakes entry requirements set forth herein in its reasonable discretion.
5. WEEKLY DRAWINGS: One (1) winner will be selected for each Week of the Promotion Period in a random drawing to be held on or about the Estimated Drawing Date (outlined in Section 2) from all eligible entries received for a given Week (each a “Weekly Drawing”). Entries will not carry forward to subsequent Weekly Drawings. Odds of winning a prize depend upon the number of eligible entries received per Week. All drawings will be conducted by an independent judging organization whose decisions shall be final.
6. PRIZE DETAILS: Prizes (12 total; 1 per Week for each Week of the Promotion Period): “Lay’s® for a Year”, awarded in the form of fifty-two (52) coupons; each redeemable for one (1) bag of LAY’S® Potato Chips (up to a value of $3.79. Coupons are subject to terms and conditions as set by issuer. Coupons may be delivered in multiple shipments and may include varying expiration dates. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): Up to $197.08 each. Any difference between stated value and actual value will not be awarded. Winner must accept prize as stated by Sponsor or prize may be forfeited. Total ARV of all prizes is up to $2,364.96 Limit one (1) prize per person/email address/household.
7. WINNER NOTIFICATION: A prize won by an eligible participant who is a minor in his or her state of residence may be awarded to minor’s parent or legal guardian who must sign and return all required documents, if any. Potential winners will be notified by email containing instructions on how to claim their prize. The prize must be claimed within five (5) days of email notification or prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Sponsor is not responsible for suspended or discontinued wireless or online service which may result in a potential winner not receiving a prize notification; nor is Sponsor responsible for any change in participant's email address. If (a) an attempted notification or a prize is returned as undeliverable, (b) a potential winner does not respond to the prize-claim instructions as stated within the email notification, (c) any required documents are not returned within the required number of days, (d) a potential winner cannot be verified, or (e) a potential winner is otherwise unable to accept the prize as stated, the prize may be forfeited, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. First shipment of coupons will be mailed to winners within six (6) weeks of winner verification.
8. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsor or Promotion Parties resulting from participant's participation in or attempt to participate in the Promotion or ability or inability to upload or download any information in connection with the Promotion. No responsibility or liability is assumed by Sponsor or Promotion Parties for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences which may affect the operation of the Promotion: Hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other online or network communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet or wireless providers, servers, hosts or other providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any online transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted transmissions; inaccessibility of the Web Site in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or the Web Site; unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Promotion, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, or worms; or destruction of any aspect of the Promotion, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of the Web Site used in connection with the Promotion. Sponsor and Promotion Parties are not responsible for any printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion, the submission of Entries, the announcement of prizes or these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on the Web Site. Use of Web Site is at user’s own risk. Sponsor and Promotion Parties are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to user's or any other person's computer equipment or mobile device resulting from participation in the Promotion. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR OTHER DAMAGES; AS A RESULT, THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND THE FOREGOING PARAGRAPHS SHALL NOT APPLY TO A RESIDENT OF NEW JERSEY TO THE EXTENT DAMAGES TO SUCH NEW JERSEY RESIDENT ARE THE RESULT OF SPONSOR’S OR PROMOTION PARTIES’ NEGLIGENT, FRAUDULENT OR RECKLESS ACT(S) OR INTENTIONAL MISCONDUCT.
9. RELEASE OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Promotion, participants (or parent or legal guardian if participant is an eligible minor) agree (a) to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Promotion Parties, and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, governors, owners, distributors, retailers, agents, assignees, advertising/promotion agencies, representatives, and agents from any and all claims, actions, losses, injuries, damages or liabilities arising from or relating to such participant's participation in the Promotion; (b) under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs. By accepting a prize, winners (and a winner’s parent or legal guardian if winner is a minor) (a) agree that the Sponsor and Promotion Parties and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by winner against, any liability including, without limitation, for personal injury or death to participant or any third party or damage to personal or real property due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by any reason, including the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize and (b) grant (and agree to confirm grant in writing promptly upon request) to Sponsor, and its designees and assigns the right to the use of their name, photograph, likeness, voice, image, statements and biographical information, at any time or times, for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes in any media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, including the Internet without review, notification or approval, and additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. Sponsor and Promotion Parties are not liable in the event that any portion of the Promotion is canceled due to weather, fire, strike, acts of war or terrorism, or any other condition beyond their control (a “Force Majeure Event”).
10. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Winners are solely responsible for any taxes on prizes, if any. No cash substitution of prize is offered, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. No transfer of prize is permitted. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. If a prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize with another prize of equal or greater value. If for any reason the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to (a) disqualify any individual who is responsible or who tampers with the operation of the Promotion, and (b) cancel, modify or terminate the Promotion. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor will randomly award the remaining prizes among all eligible, non-suspect Entries received prior to cancellation. This Promotion is offered only in the United States and all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, participant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of State of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. By entering, participants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts for Collin or Dallas Counties, Texas.
LEGAL WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT A PARTICIPANT, TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE, DESTROY, TAMPER OR VANDALIZE THE WEB SITE OR INTERFERE WITH THE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND DILIGENTLY PURSUE ALL REMEDIES AGAINST ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
11. WINNER'S LIST: For the names of the winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by November 2, 2020 to: Gotta Have Lay’s Winner's List, PO Box 2334, Addison, TX 75001.
12. SPONSOR: Frito-Lay, Inc., 7701 Legacy Drive, Plano, TX 75024-4099.
© 2020 Frito-Lay North America, Inc.
Find A Restaurant